Cookies

We use essential cookies to make our site work. We'd also like to set analytics cookies that help us make improvements by measuring how you use the site. These will be set only if you accept.

For more detailed information about the cookies we use, see our cookies page.

Essential Cookies

Essential cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. For example, the selections you make here about which cookies to accept are stored in a cookie.

You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions.

Analytics Cookies

We'd like to set Google Analytics cookies to help us improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify you.

Third Party Cookies

Third party cookies are ones planted by other websites while using this site. This may occur (for example) where a Twitter or Facebook feed is embedded with a page. Selecting to turn these off will hide such content.

Skip to main content

Exhibition

World Autism Awareness Week 2021

Exhibition of creativity

"This is me"

Welcome to our exhibition! We invited members of the local autism community to submit photos of their creative pieces in any medium to exhibit for World Autism Awareness Week 2021, 29th March to 4th April.

This exhibition was open to people of any age on the spectrum, amateur or professional.

We asked exhibitors to tell us through their peices what autism means to them. We wanted to create a positive message that explains and educates. The exhibition is being shown on our website and on our Facebook page over the course of the week.

Thank you to all our exhibitors!

Exhibitor: Natalie Priest Exhibitor: Natalie Priest
Exhibitor: Daniel Jeffery. "This represents my inner feelings in situations where I feel overwhelmed by sensory overload" Exhibitor: Daniel Jeffery. "This represents my inner feelings in situations where I feel overwhelmed by sensory overload"
Exhibitor: Daniel Cosby, age 11. "This is my arm and I like Minecraft" Exhibitor: Daniel Cosby, age 11. "This is my arm and I like Minecraft"
Exhibitor: Sam Lewis, age 15 Exhibitor: Sam Lewis, age 15
Exhibitor: Sam. "Baking helps me feel calm at times when stress is high.  I’m able to take my stress into my bread making and when I’m kneading the dough, I can put all my stress into that." Exhibitor: Sam. "Baking helps me feel calm at times when stress is high. I’m able to take my stress into my bread making and when I’m kneading the dough, I can put all my stress into that."
Exhibitor: Daniel Jeffery. "This is my sense of peace and happiness when I'm alone and not around other people" Exhibitor: Daniel Jeffery. "This is my sense of peace and happiness when I'm alone and not around other people"
Exhibitor: Tanya Long. "I sculpted him in clay to begin with, then made a glove mold before pouring him in silicone. I then made an outfit for him. I decided to name him " River" and he is about 12" long. He looks and feels like a real baby and I enjoy cuddling him" Exhibitor: Tanya Long. "I sculpted him in clay to begin with, then made a glove mold before pouring him in silicone. I then made an outfit for him. I decided to name him " River" and he is about 12" long. He looks and feels like a real baby and I enjoy cuddling him"